COVID-19 Prescreening Questions
- Do you have a cough or sore throat?
- Do you have shortness of breath that has started in the past 2 weeks?
- Do you have a runny nose or sneezing unrelated to allergies?
- Do you have a recent loss of smell?
- Have you had close contact or been in isolation with a suspected COVID-19 case in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions, please call the office as we will need to reschedule your appointment.
We hope all is well with you and your family during these challenging times. We are now scheduling dental appointments, and we are taking extensive precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients. We are fully compliant with infection control procedures set by the BC College of Dental Surgeons as well as health regulations set by the BC Centre for Disease Control.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken other precautionary measures to provide a safe dental treatment appointment, which we have explained below.
Before Your Appointment
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
Upon Your Arrival to The Office
- Please do not arrive early to your appointment as this creates additional waiting room traffic, limiting the ability to social distance.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance that patients will be asked to use.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- Waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Magazines and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
- We will suspend providing coffee and refreshments.
- Common areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the BC College of Dental Surgeons.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Plexiglas screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and staff.
- Credit card / payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with our patients and providing for your dental needs. If you have any questions or concerns related to your care after reviewing this information, please contact us directly.
Legato Dental Centre